How to Register for a Training Online
Below are instructions on how to register for RPT Trainings. This information is valuable because learning how to log into the RPT LearnCenter means that you are in control of when you register, drop, or verify your registration on your own time, not just during RPT's business hours. The LearnCenter is also where you are able to retrieve your certificates of completion.
1. Open your internet browser. Examples of an internet browser include Internet Explorer, Mozilla Fire Fox, and Google Chrome.
2. Type www.family.umaryland.edu/rpt into the address bar of your browser.
3. When you reach the Resource Parent Training website, scroll down until you see a gray box that says “Log into the RPT LearnCenter”. Click on that box if you already have an account in our system.
*** If You Haven’t Taken an RPT Class Before ***
a. Click on the yellow box that says “Create your RPT LearnCenter Profile”
b. You will be taken to a web page to complete a survey of necessary information to create an account for you. Please follow the survey directions.
c. Once you have completed the survey, an RPT staff member will create an account for you. You will be notified via e-mail when your account is ready. Once your account has been created, follow these instructions from step 1 to enroll in classes.
4. Type your username and password into the designated spaces.
a. Generally, usernames are a person’s last name followed by their first initial. For example, Jane Doe’s username would be DOEJ.
b. If you have forgotten your password, please click on the “Forgot Password” link and follow the instructions given.
c. If neither of these options work for you and you are still unable to log in, please call for assistance.
5. After signing in, you will be greeted with a welcome page. Click on the “Training Catalog” link in the middle of the far left-hand part of the page.
7. You will be taken to a page that offers the full description of the enrollment. To enroll in the class, click on the button in the top right hand corner of the page that says “Enroll”.
8. After this, you should see a statement that says “You have been enrolled in the enrollment”. This enrollment process works for both in-person trainings and online webinars. You should receive a confirmation e-mail with the details of enrollment shortly. You will also have the option to drop the class if you are unable to attend.
9. To enroll in other classes, simply exit out of the enrollment tab by clicking the “X” in the top right corner of the tab. You will be taken back to the enrollment list.