IN-SERVICE TRAINING FOR RESOURCE AND ADOPTIVE PARENTS AND KINSHIP CAREGIVERS
The Resource Parent Training Program, in conjunction with the Maryland Department of Human Resources (DHR) and the local Departments of Social Services, provides a variety of in-service trainings for resource and adoptive parents as well as kinship caregivers. These trainings are planned bi-annually and occur throughout the state, at the Child Welfare Academy in Baltimore, and regionally at the local Departments of Social Services. They are designed to equip participants with professional development education, resources, and tools to help with complex situations or issues related to caring for children, youth, and teens in foster care.
My name is Laura Teetermoran and I have stepped into the role previously held by Amy Bouldin as the Resource Parent Training Program Manager here at the Child Welfare Academy. For the past 11 years I have worked with a private adoption agency supporting adoptive and birth families, as well as resource and kinship parents.
The Fall/Winter 2017 Calendar (September-December) includes new courses and trainers, and as always, hope that you will find RPT training sessions worthwhile and informative. Registration will be open August 1, 2017. Please do not hesitate to contact me (email@example.com, 410.706.0721) with any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding the Resource Parent Training Program. I am eager to begin working together to support you, and I look forward to getting to know each of you in the weeks and months ahead.
Tor Register for monthly trainings or conferences...
- Use the gray "Log into the RPT LearnCenter" button below to reach the RPT LearnCenter login page.
- If you do not remember your password, use the "Forgot password?" link.
- If you do not know your username, call or 410-706-4509.
- Use the yellow "Create your RPT LearnCenter Profile" button below to reach the RPT LearnCenter Create Your Profile page.
- Within 48 hours of creating your profile, we will email your username an temporary password, an you will be able to register for trainings.
For further instruction, please watch this video!
For further instructions, please watch this video!